Friday, August 03, 2007

TWIST, PULL, OUT

Ok..i've been sick all this while. I am not in camp for 3 days and i feel damn weak. coming back to camp was really sucks. Nobody were at the company. Only some people who is not eligible for the SIT test are there. wah Damn Boring. I slept most of the day. Cause we really have nothing to do while waiting for the rest to come back from the SIT Test. I missed the SIT TEST because of my Fever. Going for it after National Day.

So the next day we had our grenade throwing. First we had our practice grenade thrown. Just a small explosion. I throwed and I look at the grenade till it explode."Oi, The grenade exploded and u are still standing? U want to get urself killed??" The sergeant scolded me. I was very blur at that time. Still recovering from my fever. But what I did was wrong and dangerous ar.

The real Grenade Explosion was damn loud. U could hear it from far. If u throw a grenade and it did not explode, they will explode the grenade by using a claymore which is a very powerful explosive. That was even louder. like 5 times the sound of the Grenade. When it was my turn to throw the grenade, suddenly i felt nervous. my platoon commander was beside me supervising me with the throw. my hand was shivering when i took out the grenade. "Ok prepare the grenade" he said. I was supposed to twist and pull the safety ring but it was so hard. finally, it came off. I nervously gave the ring to my platoon commander and hold the greanade.
"Ok, Throw" as he tapped my shoulder."GRENADE!" i shout as i throw. Yeah. I threw it near the target.then take cover. Boom! it explode. Fuh..lucky its not a blind. after that walk back and the excercise end.

Its a good experience and I really enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home